The Strengthening Families Program serves families with children ages 6 to 11. The program is designed to help families…
- Develop positive discipline practices
- Stay resilient in tough times
- Reduce conflict
- Improve parenting skills
- Assist children with social skills, relationships, and school performance
All of these factors play an important role in keeping families strong while protecting against potential abuse or neglect and adverse childhood experiences.
Participants complete a 14-session program; the sessions, which always begin with a family meal, typically last 1½ hours and include parents and children meeting separately to work with group leaders before coming together for shared activities to finish. Participants who successfully complete the 14-session program graduate in a celebratory style.
- Gift card or prize giveaways every week
- Free dinner every session
- Grand prizes at graduation