Even though homemade food donations are not being accepted at this time, meals purchased from a restaurant are!
Wondering how many kids reside at CYDC? We have 4 cottages in total with approximately 10 kids in each cottage. There are 3 cottages located in North Charleston and 1 cottage located in Moncks Corner.
Our community-based families come in all sizes! Providing a delivered meal from a restaurant is a luxury and would be a welcome treat to any one of our families in need.
Gift cards are also welcome.
Contact the CYDC Development Team at email@example.com to set up a meal donation for our residents or to one of our community-based families.
Unrestricted monetary gifts are of the greatest need at Carolina Youth Development Center and are the best way for you to make a difference to the children and families at CYDC. Your gift funds everything from the basic living needs of each child to the loving cottage staff who give the support and care each child needs to meet his or her full potential. Give Today.
- Individually packaged snacks and drinks
- Toilet Paper
- Roll Paper Towels
- Laundry Detergent
- Twin Bedding Sets/Comforters
- Standard Size Pillows
- Standard Size Pillowcases
- Bath Towel and Washcloth Sets
- Shower Curtains and Liners
- Kitchen Dish Towels
- Plastic Laundry Baskets
- Clorox Wipes & Spray
- African-American hair products (shampoo, conditioner, etc.)
- Dove brand soap (for men and women)
- Men’s and women’s deodorant/antiperspirant
- Razors (for men and women)
- Mid-size and up gently used vehicles – URGENT
HOST A COLLECTION DRIVE
Volunteer to host a CYDC Collection Drive within your school, church, or business. Receive additional details and ideas by contacting a member of the Development Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 843-266-5200.
These particular items serve the purpose of providing children with the essentials when they first arrive until we can take them shopping.
All clothing items must be new, with tags/original packing. Our Amazon Clothing Needs link is available here.
- New, unused underwear for teen/young adult males. Boxers or boxer briefs only.
- New, unused undergarments for teen/young females.
- New, unused pajama sets for teen/young males or females.
- Gift cards for clothing stores, including Walmart & Target, for teen/young males or females.
CYDC does not accept any used items including clothing, shoes, socks, underwear, etc. If you have used clothing items to donate, please consider supporting one of our partner organizations. For more information, click here.
Items NOT Needed or Accepted
- School supplies
- Used items: clothes, games, stuffed animals, bedding, towels, shoes, kitchen items, etc.