Volunteers have a very special place at CYDC. Volunteer service includes a broad range of areas. Some opportunities are designed to build healthy relationships with children, some projects may be focused on creating a strong foundation for the program, while others focus on grounds and campus facility needs. Many individuals and groups are needed throughout the year to assist CYDC in meeting the needs of our children and the program.
Quick View of some of the Volunteer Requirements to volunteer directly with CYDC residents:
– Individual Volunteers must be 21 and older to work with the residents
– Complete Volunteer Packet and background checks
– Phone interview with the Director of Volunteer and Residential Enrichment and introduction to Residential Management
If you are interested in becoming a volunteer with CYDC, please fill out our Volunteer Interest Form and a CYDC staff member will be in contact with you shortly.
Examples of opportunities that may be available:
- Homework Help/Academic Tutoring program (TASC/Teen After School Center)
- Administrative Services
- Cottage Buddy/Staff Support
- Committee Members/Advisory Council
- Website/Social Media
- Fundraising Events
- Seminar/Guest Speaker
- Life Skills
Process for Volunteer Groups
Any group of individuals requesting to schedule an event/activity with residents of Carolina Youth Development Center must reach out to a member of the Development Team via email at email@example.com or call at 843-266-5200.
1. The group must be approved through leadership and Human Resources of Carolina Youth Development Center. If you are unsure if you are approved contact the Director of Volunteer and Residential Enrichment, Nichole Dayson at firstname.lastname@example.org, for more information.
2. The group leader must be at least 21 years of age or older
3. The request must be submitted at least, one month before the event/activity date requested.
CYDC considers all requests based on several factors including scheduling conflicts in regards to the time and availability of residents and transportation. In addition, the appropriateness of the event for the age group and for the overall program is considered.
For more information on how you or your group can get involved, contact our Director of Volunteer and Residential Enrichment, Nichole Dayson at email@example.com or 843-266-5256 or you can contact our Development Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 843-266-5200.