Family Engagement Services Coordinator-Region 3
Carolina Youth Development Center, Charleston, SC
Job Location SC – Charleston County – Charleston, SC
Position Type: Independent Contractor
Education Level: 4 Year Degree
Position Summary: Carolina Youth Development Center is seeking two dynamic individuals interested in the opportunity to become part of a transformative program as a Family Engagement Services (FES) Coordinator. Coordinators work closely with family and extended family group members and South Carolina Department of Social Services (SCDSS) caseworkers, empowering families to develop their own individualized family plans to ensure the safety, well-being, and permanency of the child(ren).
LOCATION: CYDC is hiring multiple Coordinators to support Region 3 which includes: Berkeley, Charleston and Dorchester.
STATUS: Independent Contractor (part-time, 80 hours per month minimum)
• The amount of hours vary based on referrals
• The position requires flexible hours and availability during SCDSS business hours (M-F 8-5) and when convenient for families (which could include evenings and weekends), as well as travel throughout defined region.
TRAINING: This position requires a current Family Engagement Services certification from SCDSS – If selected, this certification is earned by attending a four day training in full, completion of an exit exam, and achieving a score of “pass” during the on-the-job certification process. Upcoming training classes: TBA.
CYDC will reach out to qualified candidates prior to the training to begin the selection process.
Position duties include, but are not limited to:
• Completion of Family Team Meetings and Family Group Conferences as assigned and within the required deadlines
• Achievement of monthly and quarterly performance standards
• Compliance with the minimum number of potential case assignments per performance standards
• Completion of accurate and thorough case documentation
• Submission of all case documentation within the required deadline
• Compliance with the FES model standards and SC FES model fidelity
• Compliance with all FES Standard Operating Procedures including the case progression standards
• Completion of all FES related responsibilities as an ambassador of the FES program
• Management of case load utilizing required provided tools
• Bachelor’s degree in social work or related human service field
• Education, training, and/or experience in Family facilitation, mediation, and/or conflict resolution
• Ability to relate to and communicate with diverse groups and manage interpersonal conflicts
• Professional assessment reports, including home studies
• Working with groups of service providers, participating in briefings, and brainstorming sessions
• Driver’s license and reliable transportation
• Reliable laptop and internet
• Strong typing skills
• Advanced proficiency in Microsoft applications to include Word and Outlook
• Proficient use of desktop and laptop computers, smart phones and tablets, printers, fax machines and photocopiers as well as software including word processing, spreadsheet and database programs.
• Locate and discuss local community resources for the benefit of youth and families
• Perform work assignments during traditional and non-traditional work hours
• Respond immediately with a sense of urgency and during on call hours
• Provide excellent internal and external customer services
• Embrace diversity and work as a team, effectively and respectfully with persons of any background, race, color, religion, sexual orientation, ability, national origin, or culture
The person in this position needs to follow a team concept and support both agency goals and co-workers. Employees must be able to effectively work with and be respectful and sensitive to persons from various cultures, socioeconomic, ethnic, religious, and racial backgrounds.
Responsibility Level: Works with direction of the Associate Vice President of Residential Services
Mental Health Counselor
Carolina Youth Development Center, North Charleston, SC
OVERALL JOB PURPOSE:
The primary responsibility of the Mental Health Counselor is to provide individual case management and counseling services to at risk youth residing in the Level 1 Group Homes, use evidence based or research based programming, and train direct care staff to support individual care plans of youth. In addition, the Mental Health Counselor will administer assessments, participate in treatment team meetings, create and monitor progress toward individual care plans, deliver interventions, facilitate programming and manage data. The Mental Health Counselor will also supervise Human or Social service field interns. The position operates under the supervision of the Associate Vice President of Residential Services.
Functional Knowledge: Must possess the knowledge and skills necessary to work with a diverse population and counsel adolescents. Must have the skills to actively engage other professionals as well as excellent communication skills and the ability to develop well-rounded, behavioral interventions.
Education and Specific Training:
Minimum qualifications include: (1) Master’s degree in social work, counseling, or psychology (2) Hold an active license in a field related to counseling or social work plus three years of counseling experience in social work, counseling, psychology, or a related field.
3 years of social work or counseling experience.
Works with direction of the Associate Vice President of Residential Services
To apply, send resume with cover letter to:
Human Resources, 5055 Lackawanna Boulevard, North Charleston, SC 29405, Fax (843) 266-5219, or via email to HR@cydc.org.
LIFE SKILLS SPECIALIST
Evenings, Overnights, Weekends and PRN
Dynamic candidate will facilitate treatment goals and counsel youth in residential programs located in Charleston County. Candidate will possess skills in motivation and contribute to the success of the program’s counseling team. Must have a Bachelor’s degree in the human services field and at least six (6) months experience or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must also have a valid SC driver’s license with a good driving record, and ability to work flexible hours. This is an entry-level position with great opportunity for upward mobility.
To apply, send resume with cover letter to: Human Resources, 5055 Lackawanna Boulevard, North Charleston, SC 29405, Fax (843) 266-5219, or via email to HR[at]cydc.org.