Supervisor’s Title: Chief Executive Officer
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Controller is responsible for all finance and accounting activities. The Controller has functional responsibility over accounting, accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, budgeting, reporting, and related grants administration. We seek a seasoned finance leader to serve as our Controller to take responsibility for all financial management systems to report to and work closely in support of the Chief Executive Officer (CEO).
Duties will include payroll, preparation of monthly financial statements, forecasting, annual budget, annual audits, tax returns, 403(b) reporting and testing, and completion of other filings and reports required of The Department of Social Services and 501(c)(3) agencies.
- Works closely with the CEO in developing CYDC’s strategic plan.
- Serves as the primary liaison to the board’s audit and investment committees, working closely to strengthen CYDC’s financial position.
- Continually evaluates best industry practices in comparison to internal systems, with an eye toward future needs and budget realities.
- Overall financial management responsibility including the continuing development and refinement of, as well as review and approval of monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements to managers, senior management, and the Board.
- Will work closely with department heads and their staffs to educate them regarding finance and accounting procedures and will explore how the finance function can best support program functions.
- Coordinate budgeting; oversee financial forecasting, cash flow and preparation for annual audits, as well as taking final responsibility for accurate and well‐managed accounts receivable and payable.
- Maintains and continually develops finance staff by selecting, orienting, training and cross‐training employees.
- Prepares special reports as needed by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information.
- Coordinate grants compliance between finance, program and fund development (where applicable); ensure that program managers are kept abreast of grant‐supported work and related balances, and that expenditures are consistently aligned with grant and program budgets throughout the grant period; collate financial reporting materials for corporate, foundation, and government awards, including full compliance with federal cost principles in the relevant circulars.
- Assists the management team in achieving budget objectives by advising on optimal scheduling of expenditures, creating transparent reporting processes, analyzing variances and engaging necessary managers in discussions of appropriate steps to take thereby initiating corrective measures.
- Protects assets and the overall accuracy and reliability of CYDC financial reporting by establishing, monitoring and enforcing appropriate controls, policies and procedures.
- Leads in a manner to ensure compliance with all federal, state and local corporate, tax, labor and business practices legal requirements and the highest standards of integrity.
- Responsible for all AP and AR functions, including the management of CYDC purchasing cards.
- Reconciling all accounts on a monthly basis to ensure accuracy in all accounting procedures.
Education, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities required to perform the job:
- 10+ years of experience with at least 5 years managing a Finance Department.
- Experience in a non-profit accounting department required.
- Must be proficient in Financial Edge, and with digital technology, networked operations, office applications and Adobe Acrobat.
- Experience with complex charts of accounts and advanced accounting software is a virtual necessity to be successful.
- Experience with financial audit, legal compliance, and budget development.
- Proven effectiveness managing and developing others, empowering them to make decisions when appropriate.
- Experience effectively communicating key data, including presentations to program managers, senior management, the Board or other outside stakeholders and donors.
- Integrity/ethics beyond reproach and a passion for CYDC’s mission.
- Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree preferred.
Candidates are required to:
- Complete a criminal background check through the State of South Carolina and Federal Bureau of Investigation.
- Provide a certified copy of their driving record from the Department of Motor Vehicles.
- Meet the licensing and registration requirements of the State of South Carolina.
Please submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org