Event Title Sponsors:
Who: Give Me Shelter Color 5K. Open to all ages; ages 6 & up must be registered.
What: A 5K walk, run, hop, skip, leap, and/or mosey on a designated route. Along the way, participants go through stations where they are sprayed with colored powder.
When: Saturday, May 8, 2021. The 5K fun run starts at 9:00 a.m.
Where: Moncks Corner Regional Recreation Complex,418 E. Main St. Moncks Corner, SC 29461
Why: To have fun and support the children and families in need within Carolina Youth Development Center (CYDC).
The Give Me Shelter Color 5K is open to everyone! Singles, couples, families, colleagues, and friends are all encouraged to attend. Children under the age of 5 years are free however, no race event shirt will be provided.
DEADLINE for a fun run t-shirt is Friday, April 16, 2021. T-shirts will be available on a first-come, first-served for anyone who registers after the deadline.
PACKET PICKUP will be Friday, May 7, 2021, from 5:30 PM – 7:00 PM and race day, Saturday, May 8, 2021, starting at 8:00 AM at the Moncks Corner Regional Recreation Complex (418 E. Main St. Moncks Corner, SC 29461.)
*This is a fundraiser therefore no refunds will be given. Registrations will be converted to a donation.
COVID-19 Race Changes, Protocols, and Guidelines:
- Masks are required during packet pick-up and during any time when interacting with our staff. No packets will be given without a proper face mask present.
- Masks are required at all times unless eating, drinking, or engaging in physical activity.
Our staff will wear masks during face-to-face interactions, while engaged in the preparation of food and beverages, while working in an enclosed space, or when 6-feet of social distancing cannot be maintained.
- Water stations will be available on course. Pre-filled, personal water bottles are highly recommended.
All spectators along the course must maintain proper social distancing guidelines and remain 6-ft apart from other people not in their household.
- To minimize close interaction between staff, volunteers, and attendees, guests are encouraged to pre-register online.
- Attendees who do not abide by COVID-19 guidelines may be asked to leave.