Thank you in advance for your interest in working at Carolina Youth Development Center.
If you’re between jobs and eager to help a great cause, we encourage you to consider volunteering at CYDC! We have an urgent need for hardworking and pleasant volunteers to help out with administrative duties, including human resources. Volunteering is a great way to help you close the gaps on your resume and an excellent way to learn new skills. All of our volunteer opportunities require a criminal background check and reference checks.
To see a current list of volunteer opportunities at CYDC, click here. For more information on how you can volunteer to keep your skills up and pitch in for a great cause, email our volunteer coordinator today!
Every day, our caring and qualified employees make an important difference in the lives of at-risk youth in the Lowcountry, protecting their childhood and preparing them for adulthood. Together, our dedicated staff works hard to change the lives of these young people and their families, helping them to become successful adults.
Join our team for a chance to make a positive change in a child’s future.
FAMILY ENGAGEMENT FACILITATOR
Join Carolina Youth Development Center in providing Family Engagement Services to the Low Country’s most vulnerable children and youth living in Berkeley, Charleston and Dorchester counties. Family Engagement Services are provided to children who have been removed from their homes via Emergency Protective Custody (EPC) or Ex Parte Court Order.
The Family Engagement Facilitator will engage family members and the SCDSS personnel in a transparent, honest and respectful dialogue around the safety, well-being, and permanence of children involved with DSS.
The Family Engagement Facilitator will perform four core areas of the integrated family engagement service model: Home Assessments, Family Finding (FF), Family Team Meetings (FTM), Family Group Conferences (FGC).
Candidates will need to attend a free, week-long training, pass all background checks, and possess a bachelor’s degree in social work, education, or related human services field.
This is a contract position.
Please submit a resume and cover letter to Human Resources, 5055 Lackawanna Blvd., North Charleston, SC 29405; Fax (843) 266-5201, or via email to HR[at]cydc.org.
Family Engagement Facilitator must be able to:
- Meet with families and the SCDSS caseworkers weekends or evenings, meeting time based on family availability
- Evaluate physical, intellectual, social and psychological functioning needs, and the potential of the social and physical environment to meet a family’s needs
- Conduct Genograms, child Connectedness Charts and Ecomaps
- Coordinate resources for abused/neglected children and their families
- Engage involuntary or resistant parents and/or family members
- Conduct family group gathering and provide conflict resolution
- Facilitate separation, attachment, and permanency issues as they arise among children and families
- Document all required tasks involved in case planning and development to include FF, FTMs, FGC and re-conferences
- Document individualized Family and Safety Plans, and positive permanency planning in preparation for Family Court
- Document referral/resource activities and coordination efforts with the SCDSS
- Meet all timelines
- Provide excellent customer service
Microsoft Office Suite
Evenings, Overnights or Weekends
Dynamic candidate will facilitate treatment goals and counsel youth in residential programs located in Charleston County. Candidate will possess skills in motivation and contribute to the success of the program’s counseling team. Must have a Bachelor’s degree in the human services field and at least six (6) months experience or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must also have a valid SC driver’s license with a good driving record, and ability to work flexible hours. This is an entry-level position with great opportunity for upward mobility.
To apply, send resume with cover letter to: Human Resources, 5055 Lackawanna Boulevard, North Charleston, SC 29405, Fax (843) 266-5219, or via email to HR[at]cydc.org.
UPDATED: March 20, 2017
No phone calls, please